ONE CHART | PATIENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your healthcare providers (individually and collectively, "Providers") at Nebraska Medicine and affiliates are pleased to provide you with the ability to access parts of your medical record by using One Chart | PATIENT. By requesting an account with One Chart | PATIENT, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
In order to participate in One Chart | PATIENT, you must be 19 years of age or older. You must also be an active patient of one of the Providers or have proxy access for an active patient of one of the Providers at Nebraska Medicine.
Parents, legal guardians, and those with power of attorney for healthcare for minors or other legally incapacitated individuals may request proxy access on behalf of another patient. Adult patients may request that another adult be granted proxy access. Such access must be made in writing and shall be granted in the sole and absolute discretion of Nebraska Medicine and only to the extent that the requesting individual demonstrates a legal right to the patientís medical information or the request is made by an adult patient. If a proxy's legal relationship with the patient changes, the proxy must inform Nebraska Medicine immediately. Adult patients may revoke proxy access at any time by informing Nebraska Medicine in writing. Nebraska Medicine reserves the right to revoke proxy access at any time for any reason.
USE OF ONE CHART | PATIENT
By your request to participate in One Chart | PATIENT, you understand and agree to the following:
- Username/Password. One Chart | PATIENT is intended as a secure online means for you to access your confidential health care information. If you share your One Chart | PATIENT user name and password with another person, this will allow that person to see your confidential health care information. Nebraska Medicine has no responsibility concerning any breach of your confidential health care information if you share or lose your user name and password. If you believe that the confidentiality of your password has been compromised, you should change to a new password by following the procedures described on One Chart | PATIENT at OneChartPatient.com.
- Account Termination and Use. You will use One Chart | PATIENT only as permitted and not attempt to harm or circumvent any of its security features. One Chart | PATIENT is being provided to you as a convenience. Nebraska Medicine has the right to terminate your One Chart | PATIENT access at any time for any reason. Participation in One Chart | PATIENT is entirely voluntary and you are not required to use One Chart | PATIENT to receive care from Providers at Nebraska Medicine. Providers will not condition their treatment of you on any requirement to participate in One Chart | PATIENT.
- Communicating Via One Chart | PATIENT. Once you enter your e-mail address into One Chart | PATIENT, One Chart | PATIENT will become the primary way that your Provider(s) will be communicating to you any non-urgent medical information and notifications. You will be notified via email when there is new medical information to be viewed in One Chart | PATIENT. These e-mail messages will notify you of new information such as about upcoming or past appointments, certain test results, billing information, and hospital discharge information. This means that any person with access to that email will be able to see this notification. This could include your spouse, your employer, or the employer of the parent or guardian or anyone else that can access your/his/her email account. Although no private medical information will be included in the e-mail notification, new medical information being available may be information that you would not want others to know.You should take this into account when providing an email address.
If you send a Provider an email communication through One Chart | PATIENT, it may be shared with any staff that assist the Provider in providing your medical care. A patientís confidential medical information on One Chart | PATIENT will be accessible only to appropriate Provider personnel in accordance with its HIPAA privacy and security policies.
With respect to any electronic communications sent by the patient or proxy, Providers are only able to respond to such communications based on the information provided. If there is insufficient information provided, Providers will be unable to provide accurate and reliable information. Use of One Chart | PATIENT should by no means replace seeking medical advice from or medical visits to Providers. Only non-urgent medical information should be communicated through One Chart | PATIENT by patient or Provider. If you believe your condition is urgent, you should call your provider or seek other healthcare services directly, you should not seek treatment through One Chart | Patient.
If you do not wish to have One Chart | PATIENT as your preferred method of communication for non-urgent medical information, you will need to contact your Provider to have this preference changed in the system. Please call or tell your Provider at a visit that you want this changed.
- Non-Emergent Use Only. One Chart | PATIENT is not meant to be used in the case of an emergency. For emergent situations, dial 911. Only non-urgent medical information should be communicated through One Chart | PATIENT by patient or the Provider. If you believe your condition is an emergency, you should call 911, you should not seek treatment through One Chart | Patient.
PROVISION OF SERVICES
- One Chart | PATIENT is presently provided free of charge, but Nebraska Medicine reserves the right to charge for One Chart | PATIENT services in the future. Should such a charge ever be introduced, anyone with a One Chart | PATIENT account would have the option to discontinue the service.
- One Chart | PATIENT provides access to different parts of your medical record, but not the complete medical record. Nebraska Medicine will use all efforts to keep One Chart | PATIENT free from error, but Nebraska Medicine cannot guarantee the completeness, accuracy, or adequacy of One Chart | PATIENT information. If you have concerns about whether the information in One Chart | PATIENT is up to date, you can send a message directly through One Chart | PATIENT to communicate with your Provider, or if you believe your information is inaccurate, you can request that your record be changed by contacting Nebraska Medicineís Health Information department at 402-559-4024. This request will be reviewed by Nebraska Medicine and your Provider(s) and you will be informed if the request for a change has been granted.
Nebraska Medicine cannot guarantee One Chart | PATIENT itself will be fault-free, but Nebraska Medicine will attempt to correct reported faults in a reasonable time frame. Any problems that you are having with One Chart | PATIENT can be reported through a message within One Chart | PATIENT or by contacting our patient relations department at OneChartPatient@NebraskaMed.com or 402-559-8158 for more information.
- Nebraska Medicine reserves the right to change One Chart | PATIENT from time to time to improve One Chart | PATIENT for patients and Providers. Nebraska Medicine may also suspend or terminate One Chart | PATIENT at any time.
- One Chart | PATIENT may contain links or references to other sites as a convenience. Nebraska Medicine makes no warranty as to the accuracy of the content of these linked sites and shall not be liable for damages or injury arising from that content or any reliance thereon.
Nebraska Medicine is fully committed to complying with all federal and state laws and regulations concerning the confidentiality of health care information. The HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices is located on the Nebraska Medicine Internet site at www.NebraskaMed.com, and is also available upon request.
One Chart | PATIENT is protected using industry standard security measures. While the security measures will reasonably protect your information and use of One Chart | PATIENT, if you have any concerns regarding the security of your information or the use of the Internet to access your health care information through One Chart | PATIENT, please contact our Patient Relations Department at OneChartPatient@NebraskaMed.com or 402-559-8158 for more information.
To ensure the privacy and security of your personal health care information, Nebraska Medicine recommends against accessing One Chart | PATIENT while logged onto the internet through a public wireless connection.
NEBRASKA MEDICINE WILL ATTEMPT TO PROVIDE ONE CHART | PATIENT WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, BUT ACCESS IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS AVAILABLE" BASIS. NEBRASKA MEDICINE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS ONE CHART | PATIENT AT ANY TIME OF YOUR CHOOSING. NEBRASKA MEDICINE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT ONE CHART | PATIENT WILL BE ERROR FREE. SHOULD YOU HAVE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT YOUR INFORMATION ON ONE CHART | PATIENT IS NOT ACCURATE, PLEASE CONTACT THE HEALTH INFORMATION DEPARTMENT, OR IF THERE IS AN ERROR WITH ONE CHART | PATIENT, PLEASE CONTACT THE PATIENT RELATIONS DEPARTMENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. NEBRASKA MEDICINE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO ONE CHART | PATIENT AT ANY TIME WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE.
YOU AGREE THAT NEBRASKA MEDICINE TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM ANY INACCURACIES OR DEFECTS IN THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, COMMUNICATION LINES, INTERNET OR YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER ("ISP"), COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OR DEVICE THAT YOU USE TO ACCESS ONE CHART | PATIENT. ADDITIONALLY, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING COPIES OF YOUR INFORMATION IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN THE EVENT THAT ONE CHART | PATIENT IS UNAVAILABLE. YOU CAN ALSO OBTAIN COPIES OF YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS FROM THE HEALTH INFORMATION DEPARTMENT.
NEBRASKA MEDICINE MAY MODIFY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OTHER TERMS AND MATERIALS REFERENCED IN THIS DOCUMENT, ONE CHART | PATIENT, OR THE CONTENT OF THE ONE CHART | PATIENT WEBSITE AT ANY TIME. FOR THIS REASON, YOU SHOULD REVIEW THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THE WEBSITE PERIODICALLY.
THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT OF ONE CHART | PATIENT ARE PROVIDED SOLELY FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE. RE-PUBLICATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR USE OF ONE CHART | PATIENT THAT IS INCONSISTENT WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE GOVERNED BY AND WILL BE INTERPRETED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEBRASKA.
SHOULD ANY PART OR PROVISION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BE DETERMINED INVALID FOR ANY REASON, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE REMAINING PORTIONS SHALL CONTINUE IN EFFECT.